One of my favorite equestrian topics is tack. I love hearing about new designs, new trends and learning about pieces of equipment I’ve never heard of before. Maybe it’s because as a hunter princess, I don’t get to try any of the fun stuff, so I’m deprived? I don’t know what it is, but I can’t get enough of it. So Hand Gallop’s Blog Hop is perfect for me! Here’s my typical tack setup for Miles, from nose to tail:
- Vespucci Plain Raised Hunter Bridle: I absolutely love this bridle — the combination of quality, design and modern features like the monocrown are just a few of the things that make my heart go pitter-patter for this fine piece of craftsmanship every time I use it.
- Happy Mouth Jointed Dee: I’ve gone through a few different bits with Miles, but this one is by far his favorite.
- Vespucci Fancy Stitch Standing Martingale: I only use a martingale when jumping, so once a week in my lesson and at shows.
- Prestige Meredith Saddle: Even though I splurged a bit on this purchase, it was totally worth it. More than a year later and this saddle still looks beautiful and fits Miles and I really, really well. I’m so glad I went with the calfskin leather too — it’s grippy and required absolutely no break-in time!
- Rider’s International Cut-Back Gel Pad: I just started using this half pad in the last few months because Miles’ topline finally filled out too much for my beloved Ogilvy. So far, so good, but it’s definitely not quite as cushy as the Ogilvy Jumper or Hunter Pad.
- Ogilvy Jump Baby or Profile Pad: While I have about a million baby pads that I rotate through on a regular basis, by far my favorites are my Ogilvy Pads. The design is impeccable and truly superb for my high-withered Thoroughbred. They clean easily and never slip!
- Nunn Finer No-Slip Contour Ultra Pad: I don’t need this with the Ogilvy Pads, but I throw it on under anything else, so I figured I might as well include it on my list!
- Professional’s Choice SMx VENTECH Girth: With double-elastic, non-slip material AND you can hose it off to wash it, how can anyone not love this thing?!
- Eskadron FlexiSoft Open-Front Boots: When I’m jumping, Miles gets to wear front boots because I’m paranoid.
- Roma Double Tape Ribbed Bell Boots: Miles wears bell boots for every ride, and I happen to like gum color over black or white.
What does your horse wear? Join in the blog hop and tell us.