I promise a show update tomorrow, as soon as I get pictures! But today I am excited to share that Viva Carlos gave Fly On Over the Liebster Blog Award! Thanks so much L!
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger’s page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts
- I used to work for the world’s largest single-breed horse show [Bonus points for anyone who knows which show that is!]
- My favorite TV show is Burn Notice
- I hate going to the grocery store
- I don’t like to wear heels
- My family names all of our cars
- My favorite cookie is white chocolate chip macadamia nut
- I’ve only lived in two cities my entire life and only one state
- I’m a Negative Nancy by nature
- I hate making phone calls
- Dream Dinners are amazing
- I can’t keep anything alive that can’t tell me when it’s hungry
- Favorite type of Jump
Themed Grand Prix or Cross Country Jumps. Like this frog jump at Rolex or this Budweiser jump.
- Favorite Professional Rider/Horse Team
Honestly, I don’t really follow top professional riding that much, so I’m not sure if she counts, but I really like Reed Kessler. I think her story is cool and I love the photos she posts on Instagram.
- Favorite Riding Exercise
Any type of gymnastic. They really help to fine-tune my position and give me a lot of jumps to get it right.
- Lease favorite Riding exercise
Adjustability with ground poles — such as two poles set at 6 strides and then going back forth to 5 strides or 7 strides. It’s really helpful, but incredibly hard (at least for me!)
- Where do you see yourself next years (horse/career/life)
Horse-wise I hope to purchase my next horse and move up to 2’6″. Career-wise, I’m a bit fuzzy on; mostly I just want to keep learning and improving my writing skills, as well as project management. Life in general? I’ll just wait and see what it throws at me!
- Advice you would give yourself 5 years ago
Stop f*cking around and remember what is most important to you — you never know how important things are until they’re gone.
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I actually like my name. It’s fairly unique without being unheard of… so I guess I wouldn’t change it.
- If you could train with anyone who would it be and why?
Again, maybe I’m a bump on a log, but I’m really happy with my current trainer. I feel like I wouldn’t get much out of training with someone that’s really well-known because I’m not an advanced rider.
- I’m giving you $5k what would you buy?
A horse. 🙂
- Give me the recipe for your favorite dish you can make White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce
- Dream vacation destination?
Fiji for sure!
- What horse show would you love to show at, if money was no object?
- Name one attribute that would be a deal-breaker for a horse you would like to purchase?
- Name one piece of tack you covet.
- Favorite equine website?
- Describe your dream trailer.
- Cats or Dogs?
- Favorite 90’s TV Show?
- East coast or West coast?
- Are you a girly-girl or a guys’ girl?
- Name one fear.
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?